Saturday, April 28, 2012

To read...and read...and READ...

OK I'm halfway through the editing process of the mystery book...I have a feeling I'll be reading it yet AGAIN.  I've got some friends in a writing group that are reading the first 100 pages, and I've told them to CRITIQUE ME!  I don't want someone who says 'oh the book is great'...well THAT would be nice too, but I needed some people who could be frank and honest.  We shall see what their feedback is...I'm looking forward to it.  The more 'fresh eyes' I can get, the better. 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! That's the way to go, as long as they are trustworthy. My mentor, a very gifted writer, has my rough draft right now and I am anxiously awaiting her input. Ah, yes, the editing. I am taking a month off before I begin that process. Part of me is looking forward to it, part of me not so much. I don't think I am going to enjoy the second, and final, rewrite but this is the path I chose. Good luck with your critiques. :)

    ReplyDelete